La stagione agonistica sta per iniziare, vi proponiamo un approfondimento sul nuovo iSonic 2016, la macchina da Race di Straboard.
CLICCA QUI per vedere il video di presentazione by 4Windsurf.
The iSonics are Starboard’s fast racing machines designed for the highest top speeds, the highest average speeds, and the quickest accelerations with powerful overtaking abilities throughout a wide wind range.
The 2016 iSonics have been upgraded across the range with all-new shapes, with Starboard’s largest test and development program verifying performance in the different conditions of Vietnam, Maui, Thailand, New Caledonia and Marseille.
What’s New 2016:
- For 2016 all iSonics have sharper rails at the critical 45cm area of the rail. Increased sharpness improves water release for more efficiency – faster top end speeds, a greater ability to plane through lulls and bite upwind with more power reserve for improved overtaking advantage
- 124, 114, 107, 97: new deck shape in the jibe area for more jibing comfort, more toe-pressure and a faster exit from the jibe
- 134, 124, 114: 7mm higher rails 0 to 120cm. New deck shape for the back foot to get more toe-pressure: earlier planing, more acceleration and higher top end speed from increased leverage.
- 124: new outline is shorter by 2cm and the length of the rockerline’s tail flat is increased by 5cm. 1.5cm wider outline and keeping the narrow tail end: the model with the most performance progression board over 2015.
- 114: 5cm wider outline and keeping the narrow tail end: second best progression and exact same feeling on the water as the new 120.
The iSonics are the slalom range in the Starboard range. They are the boards that have the quickest acceleration, the highest average speed and the second-highest top speed in our board range (the iSonic Speed Specials are ultimately the boards that achieve the highest top speeds).
- Low nose concept for reduced drag and added control
- Double Winger design. This front winger is closed on the top side for structural strength. Improves water release for higher speeds
- Heel extensions allow the board to be powerful and ergonomic under the feet
- Deep deck concave for more control, a more vertical sail position and to help close the gap between the foot of the sail and the deck of the board
- Wider between the straps and narrower planing surface behind the back strap
- Tail winger and side cuts minimize the tail area for maximum efficiency. Improve water release for sharper acceleration, better performance through wind lulls and higher top speeds
The iSonics are available in two construction categories: Wood, for more comfort, and Carbon, for sharper acceleration, a stiffer feel and earlier planing.
The Carbon construction, internally known as Carbon Reflex, uses biaxial carbon on the deck of the boards to allow the board to flex and re-bound responsively. Uni-directional carbon is used on the bottom of all boards. This construction is ultra- light, stiff yet comfortable and responsive. The iSonics are available in two constructions: Wood and Carbon in the following sizes: 87, 90, 97, 107, 114, 124, and 134 liters.
For more information, specifications and movies, please go to www.star-board-windsurfing.com